Success Story: Airinnova Successful Prace Type-A Application
Organisations & Codes Involved:
Airinnova was founded in 2015 by a team of experts from KTH, the company is focusing on providing advanced computational technology for cutting edge aircraft preliminary design, computational aerodynamics, and multi-disciplinary optimization. It is currently actively involved in European research projects, engineering training, and software development for aerospace applications
Within the proposed project Airinnova will focus on a very high altitude and long endurance solar-electronic aircraft, using the designed models by Conceptual Design Corporate (CRC), simulate the given models, and optimize to find out the best design regarding lift-to-drag ratio. The tasks mainly consist of:
- Automation process development: Test the automation process by starting from a conceptual aircraft design model from a Commercial Software RDS into a working mesh.
- Benchmark: performance analysis for the desired model using the proper transition model, compare the predictions with the experiments.
- Port: deploy and run on a PRACE Tier1 system and prepare for Tier-0 system.
SUCCESS STORY # HIGHLIGHTS:
- Keywords: High-Performance Computing, HPC, Supercomputing, Engineering, Software Optimisation, EuroCC
- Industry sector: IT/HPC systems, services & software providers, manufacturing & engineering, natural science
- Technology: HPC, HPDA, AI
- Apostolos Vasileiadis firstname.lastname@example.org (EuroCC Sweden – National Competence Centre)
This project has received funding from the European High-Performance Computing Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 951732. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and Germany, Bulgaria, Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro