A two-day EuroCC training event, entitled “Artificial Intelligence Applications in Medical Image Understanding”, was held on 6-7 August 2022 in cooperation with TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM and Sabancı University Center of Excellence in Data Analytics (VERİM). The training covered the following topics:
- Introduction to Medical Image Understanding with Deep Learning (Prof. Berrin Yanıkoğlu – Sabancı University)
- Different Imaging Methods in Radiology (Sabri Şirolu, MD – University of Health Sciences)
- Computational Model Development in Medical Image Analysis (Dr. Sema Candemir – Eskişehir Technical University)
- Automatic Measurement of Proximal Femur Deformities through Medical Images (Abbas Memiş – Yıldız Technical University)
- Data Augmentation in Medical Images with GAN (Mustafa Furkan Eseoğlu, MS – Yıldız Technical University)
- Covid-19 Detection in CT Images (Mehmet Can Yavuz, MS – Sabancı University)
- Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging (Prof. Çiğdem Gündüz Demir – Koç University)
- Applications of AI in Histopathology: Challenges and Reality (William Mifsud, MD, PhD – Sidra Medicine, Qatar)
- How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Medical Imaging? (Prof. Metin Nafi Gürcan – Wake Forest University, USA)
The event was a huge success. A total of 1739 participants (industry representatives, academians, researchers, and undergraduate and graduate students) attended the online training.
The recordings are available on the EuroCC Turkey YouTube channel.
You can visit the EuroCC Turkey webpage and indico page to follow the upcoming events.