A two-day EuroCC training event, entitled “Artificial Intelligence Applications in Medical Image Understanding”, was held on 6-7 August 2022 in cooperation with TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM and Sabancı University Center of Excellence in Data Analytics (VERİM). The training covered the following topics:
- Introduction to Medical Image Understanding with Deep Learning (Prof. Berrin Yanıkoğlu – Sabancı University)
- Different Imaging Methods in Radiology (Sabri Şirolu, MD – University of Health Sciences)
- Computational Model Development in Medical Image Analysis (Dr. Sema Candemir – Eskişehir Technical University)
- Automatic Measurement of Proximal Femur Deformities through Medical Images (Abbas Memiş – Yıldız Technical University)
- Data Augmentation in Medical Images with GAN (Mustafa Furkan Eseoğlu, MS – Yıldız Technical University)
- Covid-19 Detection in CT Images (Mehmet Can Yavuz, MS – Sabancı University)
- Artificial Intelligence in Medical Imaging (Prof. Çiğdem Gündüz Demir – Koç University)
- Applications of AI in Histopathology: Challenges and Reality (William Mifsud, MD, PhD – Sidra Medicine, Qatar)
- How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming Medical Imaging? (Prof. Metin Nafi Gürcan – Wake Forest University, USA)
The event was a huge success. A total of 1739 participants (industry representatives, academians, researchers, and undergraduate and graduate students) attended the online training.
The recordings are available on the EuroCC Turkey YouTube channel.